Knowledge - Top Skills
Unreal Engine 5 | Game Design | Architecture Visualization
Knowledge - Main Skills
Interaction Design | Level Design | Unreal Blueprint Development | Unreal C++ Development | Unreal Engine Tool Development
3D Modelling & Rendering | Virtual Reality | Interactive Storytelling | QA Tester
User Experience [UX] | 3D User Interface [UI] | Video Editing | Customer Service
Software - Top Skills
Unreal Engine 5* | Blender 3D* | Adobe Photoshop*
Software - Main Skills
DaVinci Resolve Studio* | Affinity Publisher* | Adobe XD*
Software - Complementary Skills
Adobe Suite | Affinity Suite* | Autodesk Revit | Autodesk AutoCad | Autodesk 3Ds Max | Unity 3D* | Daz Studio*
idTech 4 (deprecated) | UDK (deprecated) | Microsoft/Libre/Google Office | German & English language
Creativity | Adaptability | Cooperation
Blueprints | C++ | Custom Tools
Materials | Lighting | Tech Art
Level Design | Performance Optimization
* = Commercially usable license owned
UNREAL ENGINE DEVELOPER/GENERALIST
Aug. 2021 - today | Software Development Company (contact me for more info) - Fulltime | Leipzig [Germany]
- Developing complex game logic and interactions using Unreal Engine 5
- Quickly iterating and developing features using Blueprints and basic C++
- Complementary use of C++ for improved performance and stability
- Designing interactions and gameplay mechanics for a tactical simulation
- Tool programming to speed up the editor workflow
- Creating large open worlds based on satellite data
- Porting a complex Unreal Engine 4 project to Unreal Engine 5
- Setting up lighting, materials, player-logic and much more
- Improving graphical quality with tech-art like developing a weather-system and creating VFX for it
- Performance profiling and optimization for the best performance to quality ratio
- UI/UX Design for simulation controls and UI
- UI/UX Design for interactive mobile app
- Blender & Photoshop to Unreal-workflow
- Video-Editing using DaVinci Resolve Studio 18
- 3D Art and (pre-rendered) Augmented Reality
Nov. 2019 - Aug. 2021 | self-employed | Leipzig [Germany], Toronto [Canada]
- 2 years of experience modelling and rendering within Blender.
- 1 year of experience with the Unreal Engine 4 for both Games and Architecture.
- Successfully released an interactive and highly customizable virtual reality kitchen-visualization in less than two months.
- Finished several architecture projects within Blender.
- Completed 4 weeks Autodesk AutoCad & Revit course to improve architectural knowledge and to optimize the production-pipeline from professional BIM software to Blender and Unreal Engine.
Sep. 2014 - Aug 2021 | indie-developer, self-employed | Leipzig [Germany], Toronto [Canada]
- Over 6 years of experience designing, prototyping, optimizing and finalizing projects.
- In-depth knowledge of the Unreal Engine 4 specializing in Blueprints, Materials, Level Design, Optimization, Testing, Virtual Reality, Mobile and Unreals own production pipeline.
- Successfully completed two modifications, a game utilizing ray traced effects and an interactive architectural visualization specifically developed for virtual reality devices. Other projects wip.
- Invested a significant amount of personal time researching industry leading platforms and technologies to develop my proficiency to a professional level.
- All of my work has been deeply affected by my passion for games, my pursuit for creativity and my extensive understanding of modern technologies.
- Additional knowledge gathered in UI design, 3D Modelling and Video Editing through years of experience to seamlessly merge different types of media.
WORK & TRAVEL
Feb. 2020 - Jul. 2020 | Toronto [Canada]
- Lived ~5 months in Toronto and surrounding areas.
- Practiced spoken and written English on a daily basis.
- Visited many locations and met many new people to grow as a person.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Dec. 2020 - Feb. 2020
Sep. 2019 - Feb. 2020 | TAS AG | Leipzig [Germany]
- Successfully communicated complex concepts and processes to customers and professionals alike.
- Demonstrated high responsibility managing and updating financial asset portfolios.
- Provided financial information and education on various diversified funds/bonds.
- Solved software related exceptions for increased customer experience and satisfaction.
- Maintained company’s excellent communication standards with a positive attitude.
- Provided highly specialized services for people in need.
- Participated in several team building measures to increase performance.
- Showed high level of commitment to ensure customers needs are met.
- Actively applied de-escalation techniques before forming an appropriate response.
- Answered incoming customer calls with regard to billing concerns, investment potential, problem solving, troubleshooting and general queries
Nov. 2017 - Sep. 2019 | momox GmbH | Leipzig [Germany]
- Effectively showcased endurance and persistence to prepare customer goods for shipment.
- Used management and communication skills to section employees to places of need.
- Increased job security by actively analyzing and communicating hazards as a security agent.
May 2017 - Jun. 2017 | GDWM Industrie Design - Freelance | Berlin [Germany]
- Developed immersive and engaging interactions for an architectural visualization.
- Complete Virtual Reality integration and draw call based performance optimization.
- Overall consulting on how to prepare, import and finalize 3D assets for Unreal Engine 4.
Jan. 2013 - Mar. 2013 | mimimi Productions - Internship | Munich [Germany]
- Designed intriguing puzzles while rewarding the player using an achievement based system.
- Thoroughly analyzed performance related issues resolving them e.g. using occlusion culling.
Sep. 2011 - Dec. 2011 | Chimera Entertainment - Internship | Munich [Germany]
- Created and reviewed test case scenarios in order to fix game-play and stability related issues.
- Designed engaging and narrative driven quests and missions.
- Translated quests and in-game descriptions from English to German.
- Gathered and documented all necessary information to create an in-depth wiki for players.
Bachelor of Arts - Game Design [2.0 German]
Autodesk AutoCAD 2D [Grade: Very Good / 1.0]
Autodesk Revit [Grade: Very Good / 1.0]
Smart Serve [Ontario, CAN]
[WIP] Unreal Engine 5 C++
3 years / macromedia Munich
8 years / Gymnasium Brandis
4 weeks Course / Indisoft
4 weeks Course / Indisoft
2 weeks Course / Indisoft
4 weeks Course / ciT Leipzig
3 days Course
4 weeks Course
* = Commercially usable license owned